maandag 31 augustus 2015

Route 66 20115 day 1 Chicago


My second blog for Route 66 in 2015 I wrote today. Starting with Route 66 on Sunday together with Cees Vendel today. But before I could start I had a special meeting. For me the first time I saw my Honda ST1300 I bought from Eagle Rider in Los Angelos. Cees brought it to Chicago. First thing to do is built on the Garmin Zumo 660 Docking. Left was already the TomTom Urban Rider dock so I built it up on the right side. Now I can compare the routes.


And yes, the after sales from Eagle Rider contacted me because of my blog and report to them about the disaster at delivery.  Instead of a paper license plate I have now a real license plate. Thanks Charli Moreno. But we are not ready yet Charli. One down, more to go.



We started together Cees and I with I Route 66 drive to Chicago. We went to the Start and Endpoint of Route 66 and of course to the great lake parks and the Willes Tower and the Cloud Gate and Lou Mitchell's Restaurant. We ended the day in Dell Rhea's Chicken Basket Restaurant were we had the world famous Chicken Basket as our diner.

Of course I was in Country Side at the BMW dealer where in 2013 I rented my BMW R1200RT. It was closed but today it will be open. Just go back to meet my bike and some people who helped me in 2013. Go for some shopping at the Wallmart. Off course my girls gave me a shopping list and I promise to go and shop for them.


It is nearly seven in the morning now.

Time for a last brake fast with Cees and go on the road alone.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten