maandag 14 september 2015

Day 15 of Route 66 2015 from Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon and back to Flagstaff

Well A day with very little Route 66. Yes, I saw the giant in Flagstaff but that was all from 66. I made a circle driving the US180 to Tusayan and then entering the Grand Canyon. I went as much as possible to the left side of the South Rim.

And it was a day with rain and sun so I changed a lot to rain wear and back to sun wear clothing


But also the US180 is going to a very nice forest area with great views and it is a curved road so nice to drive without the big bag behind me. The entrance fee for the Grand Canyon was tripled compared to 2013 when I paid 7 dollars. Now you pay 25 for one person and a motorcycle but still I think this is a beautiful side trip.

When I left the Desert View road entering the US 89 I saw a big group of bikers and a car with a trailer behind them. Again a dutch group of USA-reizen traveling the golden state trip.I spoke with the organizer later in the galaxy inn because they even stay in the same hotel as I do. The do GC today. Always nice to speak Dutch again after a period with a lot of English and German. My German friend are now in Williams and doing GC today.


Well today I continue my Route 66 trip to Kingman. Hope to meet Jim Hinkley there too. See Williams were I need to make a new picture of the big 66 sign and me and the Honda. See Selligman and the old Desoto on the roof.  So my next blog will be all 66 again.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten